Field Service Technician
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work history
- Must have clean driving record
- Must be able to pass criminal background check, convictions will be considered on a case by case basis
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have legible handwriting, good communication skills, and basic computer knowledge
- Must have the minimum required tools
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Field Technicians are always to Maintain and Improve ASEC standards.
- Field Technicians are required to remain professional at all time.
- Field Technicians should not discredit any other Technicians or Lift Truck Supply Team Members.
- Field Technicians do not need to come to the shop every morning.
- Field Technicians who are asked to come to the shop need to partner with the Service Dispatcher upon arrival and are not to loiter in the shop or office areas.
- Field Technicians are required to be at the Job Site by the beginning of their scheduled start time.
- Field Technicians are required to log all work order information on a tablet in a timely manner including adding travel time to work orders, logging work that was completed at the job site, completing work orders and logging their time on a daily basis.
- If the Job Site is over 1 hour from the Technicians home the Technician would need to communicate this to the Service Manager and arrange an appropriate time of arrival.
- Field Technicians may also be asked to perform Preventative Maintenance work if needed.
- Powered and non-powered Lift Truck Technicians perform work on lift trucks, stackers, carriers, tuggers, etc. Technicians diagnose, repair, maintain and service: safety systems and devices, drive systems, brake systems, steering systems, hydraulic systems and related components, fuel systems, frames, along with all related attachments, including heating/A/C systems, etc.
- Powered and non-powered Lift Truck Technicians perform routine maintenance, replace worn or damaged parts, repair or rebuild parts, diagnose, adjust, and or repair systems for proper performance of the unit.
- Technicians may be required to work in shop on an as needed basis.
- Technicians must maintain clean working areas and assigned vehicles.
- Technicians must always comply with all company and customer safety requirements.
- Technicians are required to take a lunch.
Field Technicians work in doors and outdoor locations, they are subject to extreme cold/heat. They are required to work in rain, sleet, snow. The technician must be able to lift up to 80 pounds without assistance. May be exposed to high volume levels and or fumes. Will be required to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Field Technicians are subject to call outs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. These call outs may contain short notice.
USE OF COMPANY TOOLS AND OR EQUIPMENT:
This is a privilege of being a Field Technician it is not a necessity, while in a company vehicle or using company owned equipment it is to be treated with respect.
All assigned vehicle’s and or equipment is to be maintained by the employee it is issued to. Loss, damage, or destruction of such assigned vehicle’s and or equipment is grounds for Termination.