National Forklift Safety Day is a yearly reminder to be steadfast in creating a culture of safety. We understand the importance of maintaining a highly productive operation, all while keeping your operators comfortable and secure. Products, like Toyota’s proprietary Smart Environment Sensor Plus (SEnS+) pedestrian detection system, may be useful in your environment as it can assist operators in identifying a pedestrian or object behind their forklift.
Operator Assist System
The all-new SEnS Smart Environment Sensor® (SEnS) pedestrian detection system – designed and engineered by Toyota
– uses advanced technology and can assist operators in identifying a pedestrian or object behind their forklift during a shift. SEnS uses proprietary algorithms to distinguish between these obstacles. If within a detectible range, a buzzer and four indicator lights will alert the operator that a pedestrian or object is within a certain range of the rear of the forklift. SEnS is available as an add-on kit that can be retrofitted for select Toyota Forklift models currently in utilization, as well as new models. SEnS, works with multiple input voltages and fits a variety of applications.
How It Works
- SEnS enables customers to program up to three detection zones with different audible and visual alarms for each zone.
- SEnS can detect objects up to 32 feet away.
- The frequency in which the warning lights blink and a buzzer sounds increases as the pedestrian or object enters a zone closer to the rear of the forklift.
- Detection zones can be configured to meet various customer applications
Compatible Toyota Forklifts
The following Toyota Forklifts are currently compatible with SEnS. Forklifts already in use can be retrofitted for this product or it can be added to new models.
- 3-Wheel Electric Forklift
- Core Electric Forklift
- Core IC Cushion Forklift
- Large IC Cushion Forklift
- Core IC Pneumatic Forklift
- Mid IC Pneumatic Forklift
- Large IC Pneumatic Forklift
- Box Car Special Forklift
- Paper Roll Special Forklift
SEnS+, putting technology to work for you. For more information on the SEnS+ system, contact us at 800.873.1828.