Dock Door Technician
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work history
- Must have clean driving record
- Must be able to pass criminal background check, convictions will be considered on a case by case basis
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have legible handwriting, good communication skills, and basic computer knowledge
- Must have the minimum required tools
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Install various types of doors and dock equipment.
- Troubleshoot, repair and perform periodic maintenance on new and existing equipment.
- Disassemble equipment for maintenance or repair.
- Run wiring to connect equipment.
- Test mechanical equipment to ensure that it is functioning properly.
- Technicians are always to Maintain and Improve ASEC standards.
- Technicians are required to remain professional at all time.
- Technicians should not discredit any other Technicians or Lift Truck Supply Team Members.
- Technicians do not need to come to the shop every morning.
- Technicians who are asked to come to the shop need to partner with the Service Dispatcher upon arrival and are not to loiter in the shop or office areas.
- Technicians are required to be at the Job Site by the start if their shift.
- If the Job Site is over 1 hour from the Technicians home the Technician would need to communicate this to the Service Manager and arrange an appropriate time of arrival.
- Technicians may also be asked to perform Preventative Maintenance work if needed.
- Technicians perform routine maintenance, replace worn or damaged parts, repair or rebuild parts, diagnose, adjust, and or repair systems for proper performance of the unit.
- Technicians must maintain clean working areas and assigned vehicles.
- Technicians must always comply with all company and customer safety requirements.
- Technicians are required to take a lunch.
Technicians work in doors and outdoor locations, they are subject to extreme cold/heat. They are required to work in rain, sleet, snow. The technician must be able to lift up to 80 pounds without assistance. May be exposed to high volume levels and or fumes. Will be required to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Technicians are subject to call outs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. These call outs may contain short notice.
USE OF COMPANY TOOLS AND OR EQUIPMENT:
This is a privilege of being a Dock Door Technician and is not a necessity, while in a company vehicle or using company owned equipment it is to be treated with respect.
All assigned vehicles and or equipment are to be maintained by the employee it is issued to. Loss, damage, or destruction of such assigned vehicle’s and or equipment is grounds for Termination.
All Lift Truck Supply Team Members are subject to Random Drug Testing.